Tuesday 26 June 2012

Mothers

When I have extra time, I make hot chocolate and let my mind wander.

 I take myself back to when my family was complete. It is so hard to talk about my father, mother and elder brother in the past tense. I really miss them.

Most especially Mama when I am unwell. She may not be here next to me, but she is never far away. Ma always seem to make us feel better with just a touch of her hand, an embrace and kiss on our foreheads. I can hear her laughter and I can still hear her voice telling me everything will be okay. I miss talking to her on the phone. She always regale me with her stories of how everyone is. She tells me about her plans and her wishes. Only those who have lost a most beloved loved one can understand the longing in my heart.

The sound of her
Silk skirt has
stopped.
On the marble
pavement dust grows.
Her empty room is
cold and still.
Fallen leaves are
piled against the doors.
Longing for that lovely lady
How can I bring my
aching heart to rest?

♥ Chinese Poet c. 57 BC



With so much to say, let me just share with you this timeless video of Sheri Dew's conference talk a few years ago.

One day, in that place of no goodbyes I shall see you again. God be with you until then, my Mama, my Papa, my Mano...



No comments:

Post a Comment