Friday 22 June 2012

Did you have a good day?

After a hard day's work, I ask Rich this and follow it up with: "Did you eat your lunch?"

After many years of marriage, I have come to know my husband a little bit more. He is such a hard worker. He'd be so tied up with what he is doing, he forgets his lunch. He got into some health troubles before because of this, but still forgets from time to time. I have made it my role to make sure he eats his lunch. And not only that but also enjoys it.

Like most Australians, he has packed lunch for work. He is always on the go, so he needs a mobile lunch that does not need reheating. Rich has his favourite all the time. Salami sandwich in Settler's Grain organic bread (with more seeds than the bird cage). He also has Muesli Bars, a muffin and a fruit. I prepare them fresh every day and place it in his cooler. He also has vitamin water and bottles of boiled water. Sometimes I buy him ready made muffins but they always come back, so whenever I feel like it I bake him homemade banana or chocolate muffins. He love those. He also love homemade brownies. The bought one he loves is by Pie Face. They make mean brownies. Tried to copy them but did not really taste the same. Mine is awesome but theirs are better haha. I get him those from time to time.

Having a good day to me doesn't just mean a great time at work. Although my kids and co-workers are fantastic, my day is also made greater & better with what I ate.♨☺♥

Today for example I had some of these:

Inari sushi
also known as brown bag sushi. Sushi rice is packed in seasoned aburaage (fried tofu) pouches. I love it with crab meat and tiny bubbly fishy eggies.



Soft shell crab sushi - I love the subtle texture and taste of this sushi. The soft shell crab is indeed soft and almost sweet. Pickled ginger gives you a happy explosion of tastebuds. I never get enough.
As you can see I eat my lunch all the time and I enjoy them.

Yesterday, Rich came home early and the lunches were not touched. But before I roll my eyes in frustration, he got us some London Fish & Chips with Tartare sauce from the Olympic Range of Macca's. Ha! It does sound fine dining.

We enjoyed it so much while watching re-runs of old Star Trek. I'll have it again anytime. But I also made him promise one more time to please eat his lunch.

Yes, my day was great, how's yours?



No comments:

Post a Comment